Fort Myers, Florida, is a beautiful city located in Southwest Florida. With warm weather and plenty of activities, Fort Myers is a perfect vacation spot for families, couples, and solo travelers. Whether interested in history, culture, or just soaking up the sun, Fort Myers has something for everyone. Here are five things to do when visiting Fort Myers, Florida:
- Visit the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. The Edison and Ford Winter Estates is a historical museum and botanical garden on the Caloosahatchee River in Fort Myers. The estate was once the winter retreat of inventors Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. The museum features exhibits on the lives and work of Edison and Ford, including a collection of Edison’s inventions and a display of Ford’s antique cars. The gardens on the property feature over 20 acres of tropical plants, including orchids, bromeliads, and fruit trees. Guided tours are available, or you can explore the estate at your own pace.
- Go to the Beach Fort Myers has some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida. The most popular beach in Fort Myers Beach offers a wide variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, and watersports. If you’re looking for a quieter beach, Sanibel Island and Captiva Island are just a short drive from Fort Myers, offering pristine white sand beaches and turquoise water.
- Take a Dolphin-Watching Tour. Fort Myers is home to a large population of bottlenose dolphins. One of the best ways to see these amazing animals is on a dolphin-watching tour. These tours will take you into the Gulf of Mexico, where you can see dolphins swimming and jumping in their natural habitat. Some tours also offer the opportunity to see other marine life, including manatees and sea turtles.
- Visit the Imaginarium Science Center. The Imaginarium Science Center is a hands-on science museum in downtown Fort Myers. The museum features over 60 interactive exhibits on topics ranging from physics and biology to weather and ecology. Visitors can also see live animals, including snakes, alligators, and birds of prey. A museum is great for families with children, but adults will also find plenty to see and do.
- Explore Downtown Fort Myers. Downtown Fort Myers is a charming area with a mix of historic buildings and modern shops and restaurants. The River District, located along the Caloosahatchee River, is a popular area for shopping and dining. The area is also home to several art galleries and theaters, including the Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, which hosts a variety of performances and exhibitions throughout the year.
Fort Myers, Florida, is a great vacation spot with plenty of activities to entertain visitors. Whether interested in history, culture, or just soaking up the sun, Fort Myers has something for everyone. From visiting historical estates and museums to relaxing on beautiful beaches and exploring the downtown area, there is always a supply of things to do in Fort Myers.